So, yeah… I have some news.
I’ve made some serious changes in the last few weeks and they’re incredibly exciting.
Currently, I’m in the process of starting my own company. (Name to be revealed at a later date.)
Many of you are currently saying… well, that’s not surprising. It was more a question of “when” not “if.”
Now you probably have a few questions. Let’s clear those up.
1. I left a great job with amazing people and built things I am very proud of. (Thank you Periscope for an amazing 11 months. I learned so much and cannot speak more highly of the people there.)
2. I’m staying in Minneapolis for the foreseeable future. This city has so quickly felt like home. It was certainly the right move at the right time.
3. My new company is focused on digital strategy and the intersection of websites, social media and photography. This is a slight pivot for my career but a place I feel right at home in.
4. I promise to not burden you with updates. I also promise this is not a pyramid scheme where I am going to try to get 10 of you to join me. This is a legitimate business, already working with real businesses and trying to make a difference.
5. I am not starting from zero. I have worked with a few amazing small companies for the last six months. It’s their support that has shown me there is a real need for the knowledge and skills I have.
So… This is just the beginning.
If you own a small business with a website/social media and want to chat… let me know! I am more than happy to talk about problems / solutions / goals / dreams / questions. Who knows, maybe we would make a good fit or maybe we should just catch up. My number hasn’t changed in 10 years so call me. Feel free to Facebook me. Or click here to send me a note.
More to come at a later date. For now, I am going to drink the coffee you see at the top of this page. (It’s so delicious.) I have to get back to work now, I have so many things I want to do and my boss can be a real hard ass.
I have so many ideas and strategies I want to try.
I have so many mistakes waiting to be made.
I can’t wait.